Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Career decision

When was the last time you had to make a big decision in your life? Parang ang daling sagutin pero hindi pala. You have to think over and over again and still may come up with several answers, most of which are pegged on the emotional or social aspect of our lives. But hey, haven't you thought of your career as a professional? Diba dapat pinagtutuunan din yun ng pansin. I mean, it will be the anchor of how you want to project yourself several years into the future.

I thought planning for my life was a forte of mine, but it seems that i have been more like a state function who doesn't take into consideration what path to take but still gets to my goal. I thought that my approach was okay since I have been able to achieve my small goals but come to think of it i still haven't fulfilled my big time goals such as to have my own home and car.

In the three years that i have been working as an engineer for two companies, i think i was just able to quench my thirst for the small time goals such as goals such as gadgets and shoes. Doon palang ubos na ang pera ko. And take note wala pa akong savings na maituturing. Then on i tried to save but months later i was back to zero since i was out of control in spending for me and my girl. I was not thinking so much of the future.

And now reality has finally bitten me.

It's almost a year now that my mom passed away and here i am still sticking my ass with a company that hasn't lived up to its potential and its promises to us. I've become short tempered with how the top management has handled our situation and i am not alone in this boat, three colleagues have already jumped off the boat and left us for a better ship and a better captain. That gave me the stimulus to test the waters myself. I am not getting any younger and i really must start saving for me and my soon to be family's future. If the management has been able to fulfill its promises, may have reconsidered the situation but unfortunately they haven't. And now i am here somewhere south of the archipelago trying to test my luck in a company that has been a pillar of the Philippine economy. I just hope that everything will work out just fine and that i would be able to finally start saving.

No comments: